Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Little act of Kindness.

Typhoon Ondoy may have left this part of the country in the worst conditions it ever had in a very long time, with people still trying to find their loved ones and re-establishing themselves after the damage, it's nice to know that there are foundations which are selflessly devoting their time to help in donating relief goods. That's why I decided to help out, with my friend Bernard (supposedly we were 4, but the 2 girls backed out for some weird reason). We went to Operation Tulong Bayan in Araneta Center and volunteered. It was quite an experience I'm telling you.



We never thought there was so much work needed! But anyhow, we managed (of course we did). First, we were asked to carry heavy boxes of C2, canned goods and mineral water., then we were lined up and we filled the relief packs with each of the stuff that was there, the girl beside me (from U.P.) carried more boxes of water than I did whenever we ran out, plus she's beautiful and lean (impressed I am). Moving on, we stood there for a good 3 hours packing relief goods, I didn't count but pretty much I'll say we packed over 500, and that's good. We ended at noon cause the next batch will be doing their share as well, it was very tiring but definitely worth our time.

It's nice to know that there are still people who care (I'm talking about the other students who joined, as well as the young adults and everyone), they gave their time to help out and I pray to God that everything's gonna get better for those who were affected by Ondoy. I think it's a big help to those in Rizal, Marikina and else where that relief goods are needed. Smile.